Craving chili for supper? And are you bored with the ordinary dish that you’ve always been trying with beef? If so, you can undoubtedly count on this super filling and flavorful homemade white chicken chili recipe.
We know you are keen on giving your family the best, so try to collect every ingredient, especially the spices that we have provided you with the recipe for the finest taste. These spices are easy to find, and you may already have them in your spice rack right now.
So, without further ado, let’s see how to make white chicken chili in a way you have never tried before!
If in case you missed our previous article about the spices used in white chili chicken, click here for a detailed feature.
White Chicken Chili Recipe
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
Spices and Herbs Needed
- Four cloves of garlic (minced)
- One tablespoon of ground cumin seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper upon your taste
- One and a half teaspoons of ground coriander seeds
- One teaspoon of ancho chili powder (you can use cayenne pepper or chili powder)
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro (chopped)
- One teaspoon of dried oregano (optional)
Other Ingredients Required
- One shredded rotisserie chicken (skin removed)
- Four cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- One large yellow onion (chopped)
- Two cans (14.5-oz) of white beans (drained and rinsed)
- One to two tablespoons of Canola Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- One medium-sized jalapeno pepper (minced) – optional
- Two medium-sized poblano peppers (chopped) -optional
- Salt to taste (sea salt or kosher, anything you like would be fine!)
- One can (four ounces) of canned green chilies (chopped) – optional
- One can of corn- optional
- Juice of two limes
For The Toppings
- One cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Lime wedges
- Tortilla chips
- Sour cream
Did you know that chili seasoning is an excellent way to add the perfect kick to your chili recipes? If you need to try the most flavorful homemade chili seasoning, click on this link and use our recipe/ step-by-step guide!
- Put half of the beans in a large mixing bowl and mash it until chunky. You can use the potato masher to do this or else, use the food processor. If you are using the food processor, pour down about one cup of chicken broth with the beans to get a better texture.
- Then, set aside the pureed beans and the rest of the beans to use later.
- Next, heat oil over medium-high heat in a big Dutch oven or a deep soup pan.
- Add the onions to the warmed oil and saute until translucent.
- Follow this step by adding the peppers and garlic and saute until soft and fragrant. But do not let the onions burn.
- Now, add salt pepper with other ground spices and oregano if you are using it. And cook for about one more minute.
- Next, pour in the chicken broth and lime juice and bring it to a simmer.
- Then, add the rest of the beans and corn (if you are using it) and continue simmering for 20 more minutes.
- Do a taste check and add more seasoning if necessary.
- Now, add the shredded rotisserie chicken and chopped cilantro and stir well to combine.
- Simmer for about five more minutes and switch off the flame, taking the soup pot out of the stove.
- You can serve this in separate bowls, topped with cheese, crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, or any favorite topping that your family members would love to go with.
More Notes And Tasty Tips For Your Chili - If you do not have rotisserie chicken, you can go ahead and use one pound of boneless chicken breasts with this white chicken chili recipe. Clean and cut them into cubes and saute them with onions at the initial step. They just need not have to be totally cooked through. Then, you can resume with the remaining stages mentioned as before. And leave the chicken to cook with the rest of the simmering process. - Change and adjust the amounts of the seasonings upon your taste choices. You do not have to cling to the quantities since you are the person who knows your family better than we do! - You can freeze any leftover chili. And, it will even taste better the following day. When you want to reuse, partially thaw in the fridge overnight and heat in a saucepan, adding chicken broth or water if too thick.
Voila, we are done! So, this is pretty much for our delicious homemade white chicken chili recipe. We hope you enjoyed it and we know that you are so eager to try it. So, why wait? Just run to the kitchen, grab your things, make and enjoy!