How wonderful would it be when you could make your own homemade version of poultry seasoning from the ingredients that you can readily find in your kitchen?
Do not worry if you are hoping to try a special dish of turkey, chicken, vegetables, or any other meat recipe, but sadly has run out of your poultry seasoning. This simple and flavorful homemade version will be the perfect blend that you’ve ever tried!
This is easy to put together. And the best piece is, you can control and adjust the ingredients upon your taste preferences which you can’t literally do in the ones you buy from the store.
So without further delay, let’s get started.
- 2 tbsp of dried oregano
- 2 tbsp of dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp of dried thyme
- 2 tbsp of dried marjoram
- 2 tbsp of dried parsley
- 1 tbsp of dried sage
- 1 tbsp of ginger powder
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of celery seed
- 1 tbsp of ground black pepper
- 1/4 tbsp of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp of kosher salt
Are you a gyro meat fan? Then you will obviously not miss out on our article on this simple and easy homemade gyro meat recipe. Click here!
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Grind everything using a mortar and a pestle, or grind them simply using a spice grinder.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container until used.
- Make small batches if you don’t use the poultry seasoning often. Because everything is better when used fresh.
- Do not use wet spoons when scooping the content out from the container.
- Feel free to alter the amount of salt that goes in your seasoning mix. If you do not like adding salt, that’s completely fine!
Did you know that our homemade beef stew seasoning is as flavorful as this poultry seasoning mix? Click here to learn the step-by-step guide/recipe.
This Homemade Poultry Seasoning Mix is versatile and flavorful. You can incorporate it to stuff meat and other dishes like:
- Dry rubs
- Pot pies
- Bread loaves
- Veggie burgers
Do you like to learn how the spices in the poultry seasoning would contribute to flavoring this condiment? If so, tap here, and we will direct you to a complete article on spices in poultry seasoning.