If you have fresh and delicious zucchini or squash from your garden and wonder what to do with them, this episode is going to be super exciting for you! In fact, we will be sharing a mouth-watering posh squash recipe that your whole family is going to love.
This hearty meal will break the stereotype of an ordinary casserole and bring the goodness of vegetables and eggs in just one pan! So, let’s get started!
How To Make Posh Squash At Home? (A Simple Guide)
This creamy and crisp meal comes together with the ingredients you can easily find around your pantry. Parmesan cheese will make a beautiful and crunchy topping making it a divine dish (It’ll be a struggle to save this from your kids!).
So, here we go!
Preparation time- 20 minutes | Cooking time- 25 minutes | Additional time- 10 minutes | No: of servings- 6-8
Grab your squash and other ingredients along with the required equipment.
Spices and herbs needed:
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme
- One pound of summer squash (sliced 1/4″ thick pieces)
- One pound of zucchini (sliced 1/4″ pieces)
- 3/4 cup of shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- One cup of mayonnaise
- Two eggs
- One small onion
- Two tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of green or red chopped bell pepper
- Salt to taste
- A pot or a skillet
- Medium-sized mixing bowl
- A whisk
- Wooden spoon
- A 2- quart casserole dish
In a pot, cook zucchini, squash, onions, and bell pepper until tender. You can cook them on the stove or in the microwave. Leave them aside to cool down after being cooked.
Now, in a medium-sized bowl, add the eggs and beat well using the whisk. Stir in ground black pepper, dried thyme, salt, and mayonnaise. Mix thoroughly until everything is well-integrated.
Add the cooked vegetables to the egg mixture and fold until everything is well combined.
Transfer the prepared squash and egg mixture into the casserole dish.
Top with an even layer of grated or shredded parmesan cheese and dot with butter.
Bake your casserole in the oven for 25 minutes at 375 degrees Celsius until smooth and the surface turns golden brown. Do not cover the dish while baking.
- You can make this recipe using only zucchini if you do not like using summer squash.
- Adjust the salt and pepper in your dish based on your taste preferences.
- Feel free to throw in a dash of garlic powder to the beaten egg mixture for some extra punch of flavor!
- Make sure to use a microwave-safe dish with a lid if you cook your vegetables in the microwave. And, use some water at the bottom of the dish to prevent the vegetables from drying out.
- If you need to prepare this meal ahead of time, you can chill it. But, if you go with prepping, bake your casserole for 30 minutes instead of 25 minutes.