Extremely versatile Greek seasoning will bring the soulful taste of the lovely Mediterranean flavors to a wide variety of foods. Hence, we are delighted to teach you how to make Greek seasoning at home using just a few straightforward steps and readily available ingredients in your spice rack.
So, follow our guidelines if you need to put together the best Greek seasoning you have ever tried in your cooking life. Let’s get into mixing!
How To Make Greek Seasoning At Home- Step-By-Step Guide
Our authentic homemade Greek seasoning recipe requires the most convenient herbs and spices that you don’t need extra effort to find. You will need the primary herbs like oregano, parsley, dill, and basil, along with secret taste-makers like cinnamon and nutmeg!
Preparation time- 05 minutes | Cooking time-05 minutes | Additional time- 05 minutes
Grab the required ingredients and get ready with the necessary equipment.
Spices and herbs needed:
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- One teaspoon of onion powder
- Two teaspoons of dried oregano
- Two teaspoons of dried basil
- Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Half a teaspoon of ground nutmeg (optional)
- One teaspoon of dried parsley
- One teaspoon of dried dill weed
- Half a teaspoon of dried rosemary
- Half a teaspoon of dried thyme
- One teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Two teaspoons of salt
- A small mixing bowl
- A wooden spoon
- Tight-fitting glass spice container/jar
Add all the herbs and spices along with salt and mix using the wooden spoon until well combined.
Your Greek seasoning is now ready to use! Store in a tight-fitting glass jar/container if you intend to use this ahead of time.
- These quantities will make about 1/4 cup or four tablespoons of this blend.
- Our recipe comes with salt, but if you think this seasoning is better without salt, you can omit it from yours.
- You can also adjust the amount of salt by increasing or decreasing the quantity depending on your taste preference.
- If you do not like the taste of nutmeg, consider it as an optional ingredient (but we recommend using this spice for an extra punch of flavor!)
- Store your prepared Greek seasoning with the rest of the spices inside your spice cabinet or spice rack. If stored properly, it will last up to one to two years.