If you plan to make some fajitas ahead but suddenly realize that you are out of your fajita seasoning, worry not. In this episode, we will show you how to make fajita seasoning at home within 5 minutes!
This fajita seasoning recipe is super easy to make and probably comes together with the ingredients that you already have in hand. This is so much better than any store-bought version since this only contains one hundred percent natural ingredients. So, let’s throw everything together and see how this is made!
How To Make Fajita Seasoning- Step-By-Step Guide
Our version of fajita seasoning is your go-to blend that could elevate your fajitas literally to the next level! This mix is highly customizable, and you could even use this to spice up your meat, rice, vegetable, or bean dishes.
Preparation time- 05 minutes | Cooking time- 00 minutes | Additional time – 05 minutes | Servings- 6-7 teaspoons
Get prepared with the required ingredients and equipment.
Spices and herbs needed:
- 01 teaspoon of paprika (you can use sweet or smoked paprika)
- 02 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 01 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar (optional)
- 01 teaspoon of kosher salt or fine sea salt
- A mixing bowl
- Spoon for mixing
- A well-fitting jar/container to store
What fajita seasoning actually is, and what makes this blend so special? If you are interested in learning about the ins and outs of this seasoning blend, click on this link and refer to our detailed post.
Put all the spices into the mixing bowl along with dried oregano and salt. Mix everything together thoroughly until well combined.
You can use your prepared fajita seasoning right away with your dishes or store it in a well-fitting jar/ container.
Tasty Notes By SpiceRally…
- Although we have included salt and sugar in our recipe, you can completely leave them out of your recipe, depending on your preference. Or else, you can even increase or decrease the amounts that go in. Take control- it’s all yours!
- You can use up to half to one teaspoon of cayenne pepper if you prefer more hotness.
- Add additional ingredients like dried cilantro and a dash of black pepper for extra zest.
- You can store your homemade fajita seasoning in a glass air-tight container/spice jar for up to 06 months. Make sure to keep it in a dark, cool, dry place in your pantry.