The seasoning blend we will bring you deserves a special place in your pantry as it is super versatile and loaded with fresh flavors. So, let’s teach you how to make Creole seasoning.
Creole seasoning is simply a phenomenal blend that comes together effortlessly to spice up your favorite daily dishes. A decent batch will complement your meat, pasta, rice dishes, salads, and fries! So, let’s get started with the readily available ingredients in your kitchen.
How To Make Creole Seasoning At Home- Step-By-Step Guide
Our version of Creole seasoning is very easy to make, and it will be the ultimate flavor booster to anything that calls for a savory kick! Just spend five minutes of your time and get the most flavorful Creole blend you could ever have!
Preparation time- 05 minutes | Cooking time- 00 minutes | Additional time- 05 minutes | Servings- 25- 27 tablespoons
Get prepared with the required ingredients and equipment needed.
Spices and herbs needed:
- 03 tablespoons of sweet paprika
- 03 tablespoons of smoked paprika
- 02 tablespoons of cayenne pepper
- 02 tablespoons of onion powder
- 04 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 02 tablespoons of ground black pepper
- 02 tablespoons of white pepper
- 02 tablespoons of dried thyme
- 02 tablespoons of dried oregano
- 02 tablespoons of dried basil
- 01 tablespoons of dried rosemary (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of sea salt flakes
- A mixing bowl
- A wooden spoon
- Glass air-tight container/ spice jar
Whisk all the ingredients in the mixing bowl really well until everything is thoroughly combined.
Your Creole seasoning blend is ready! Use it immediately with your dishes, or store it in a tightly-sealed glass container to be used later.
Tasty Notes By SpiceRally…
- Although we have included salt in our recipe, you can skip it if you need to go for a sodium-free blend.
- If you need more hotness in your recipe, increase the amount of cayenne pepper or use hot paprika instead of sweet paprika.
- Using both paprika varieties is not a must; you can go with the type you have in hand. Keep in mind that you should use six tablespoons if you are using one type.
- You can also use a crushed bay leaf for extra flavor.
- Try to use at least three types of dried herbs from the ones we have mentioned in our recipe to get the authentic flavor of this blend.