Making your own spice blends at home is one of the best ways to practice using the ingredients with a perfect balance. So, in this episode, we wish to share a simple recipe on how to make curry powder at home with the ingredients you already have in hand!
Let’s get started!
Simple Homemade Recipe for Curry Powder
You will only need a few ingredients from your spice cabinet to make this curry powder in no time. Get it done and use it in whatever way you like!
Preparation time- 5 minutes | Cooking time- 0 minutes | Additional time- 5 minutes
No: of servings- 24 teaspoons
Grab the spices and arrange the required utensils.
Spices needed are:
- Two teaspoons from each- cayenne pepper powder (you can also use mild paprika or Kashmiri red chili powder), dry mustard and turmeric
- Two tablespoons from each- ground coriander and cardamom
- One teaspoon from each- black pepper powder and ginger powder
- Four teaspoons of ground cumin
- A mixing bowl
- A spoon
- An air-tight glass container
Add all the ingredients into the mixing bowl and whisk everything together until it is well combined.
You can use this mix immediately or store it in an air-tight glass container.
Keep your curry powder in a cool, dry, dark place, and it will stay flavorful for up to 03 months.
- If you prefer more heat, you can adjust the amount of chili powder you are using.
- According to your taste preference, omit any ingredient you don’t like and include ground spices like nutmeg, allspice, bay leaves, etc.
Did you know that most spices used in curry powder are also a part of adobo seasoning? So, if you need to try out an easy homemade adobo seasoning recipe, click on this link and refer to this article.