Imagine how delightful it would be to feast your family with some Sazon-seasoned chicken this weekend! You don’t literally have to count on MSG-loaded store-bought options when you can make your own healthy batch at home. So, let us show you how to make Sazon seasoning at home!
This go-to Sazon seasoning does not actually need a whole bunch of special ingredients. You can easily put everything together in just a few minutes and see how this magic happens right on your countertop. So, let’s get started!
How To Make Sazon Seasoning At Home- Step-By-Step Guide
Rich and flavorful Sazon seasoning is a blend you MUST have in your pantry. Its key ingredient ground annatto will lend vibrant color and a great taste to this mix when incorporated with other potent spices and herbs.
Preparation time- 05 minutes | Cooking time- 00 minutes | Additional time- 05 minutes
First of all, you need to grab all the necessary ingredients and get ready with the required equipment.
Spices and herbs needed:
- One tbsp of ground annatto seeds (achiote powder)
- One tbsp of ground cumin seeds
- Two tbsp of onion powder
- One tbsp of ground coriander seeds
- One tbsp of garlic powder
- One tbsp of ground black pepper
- One tbsp of dried cilantro (coriander leaves)
- One tbsp of dried oregano
- Two tbsp of salt
- A mixing bowl
- A wooden spoon
- Food processor/ spice grinder
- A tight-fitting spice jar/ container
Add all the spices and herbs along with the salt into your food processor/ spice grinder and give a good pulse until everything is well combined.
Did you know that Cajun seasoning is also a blend that could be easily made at home, just as flavorful as the Sazon seasoning? Click here and get our step-by-step guide to making the best Cajun seasoning!
Your Sazon seasoning is now ready to use! Incorporate it with your favorite recipe, or store it in a well-fitting glass spice jar/ container until you need it.
Tasty Notes From SpiceRally…
- We have included salt in our recipe, but if you think you don’t need salt in yours, go ahead and omit it.
- If you cannot find ground annatto, you can substitute it with equal amounts of ground turmeric powder. But we highly recommend annatto in this recipe, and you should expect color and flavor differences if you are using turmeric.
- You can also use a teaspoon of paprika of your choice as an additional ingredient.
- Make sure you use new spices and herbs so that this seasoning will have its freshness and aroma for up to one to two months.