Ginger is, in fact, a god-gifted ingredient from nature that comes with a bunch of benefits to our health. So, let’s bring you an easy guide on how to make ginger tea with fresh elements.
Our version of ginger tea is a perfect immune booster that is worth having at least once a day. If you often suffer from flu, colds, and throat issues, this drink will be the ideal solution to many of your health conditions.
So, let’s see how this tea is made.
How To Make Ginger Tea- Step-By-Step Guide
Our special yet easy ginger tea recipe is delicious, versatile, and loaded with health benefits. You only need a few ingredients, just one pot, and 10 minutes of your precious time!
Preparation time- 05 minutes | Cooking time- 05 minutes | Additional time- 05 minutes | Servings- 02 cups
First, gather the required ingredients and equipment.
- A fresh ginger rhizome
- 01 cardamom pod
- 01-inch cinnamon stick
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 04 black peppercorns
- 02 pods of cloves
- 01 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- ½ a liter of water
- Half of a fresh lemon
- 02 teaspoons of honey (one teaspoon per cup or more to taste)
- A mortar and pestle
- A deep-bottom pot
- Cups to serve
Click on this link and refer to our comprehensive article on ginger to discover some interesting facts about this amazing spice and why you must have it at home.
Clean your fresh ginger rhizome, and peel it using a spoon or a peeler. Then, cut it into three 02-inch pieces, pound them slightly in the mortar and pestle, remove from the mortar, and set them aside.
Put the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and fennel into the same mortar and pestle. Give them a gentle pound until the spices are slightly crushed. Then remove them to a plate, put the black peppercorns back into the mortar, and crush them. Set everything aside.
Did you know that ginger juice is also a delicious and refreshing drink as much as ginger tea? If you need to check out a simple homemade ginger juice recipe, click on this link and get the step-by-step guide from this post.
Pour ½ a liter of water into a deep pot and keep it on low flame. Put your crushed ginger along with the remaining crushed spices and turmeric powder.
Now bring this to a boil, keeping on low flame. This will take about 4-5 minutes. Then, remove the pot from the burner and strain the liquid into another container.
Allow your ginger tea to cool down for a while. Then, add honey and squeeze the juice of half of the fresh lemon. Mix until the honey and lemon juice are well incorporated with the tea. Pour into the cups and serve warm!
Tasty Tips By SpiceRally…
- Increase the amounts if you need to double the number of cups.
- Although we have used honey in our recipe, you can use an alternative sweetener of your choice.
- If you do not like any other spice used in this apart from ginger, you can skip it depending on your preference.
- You can also use a pinch of freshly minced turmeric instead of turmeric powder if you have that in hand.
- Leftover tea can be stored in the fridge for up to one week. You can reheat it when using it again. But we recommend making a fresh batch each time you need to have this tea.
Health Benefits Of Ginger Tea
Our ginger tea recipe includes several other nutrient-packed spices and ingredients other than ginger so that you can enjoy a bundle of health benefits. So, let’s take a quick peek at the valuable health advantages you get from consuming this tea regularly.
- Boosts immunity
- Relieves the symptoms of cold, flu, and sore throat
- Helps with nausea
- Aids in managing high blood pressure and helps to improve heart health
- It might have potential benefits in weight loss
- Alleviates pain and reduces inflammation in the body
- It May have cancer-fighting properties
- Provides relief from motion sickness
- Controls bad cholesterol levels and high blood sugar levels